Friday, April 10, 2009

The Purple Doll


I'm working on a new spirit doll. This one is for an auction to raise money for scholarships for the Florida Library Association. You can see the underside of the doll's front above. She is about five inches tall.

The front of the doll is below. I wanted a spring color so I chose lilac. I've made purple pieces before, but none with this more reddish purple. That was an interesting challenge since I gravitate toward bluish purple. But I'm happy with the way it's turning out. There's not much more beading to do. The back will be fabric lightly decorated with paints or ink. After the front and back are sewn together and it's edged with beads, I'll send it down to Florida. My plan is to do this before Wednesday, when I go to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago.


One question remains: What caused her heart to leap like that? She must be in love!

No comments: