Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More Major Surgery!

First a heart transplant and then a complete facial reconstruction! Poor little doll! Thanks to all of you for your concern and good wishes. She's doing very well now and is making a quick recovery.

When we last spoke, I told you about the little doll I was making. You can refresh your memory of that conversation by looking the last part of my previous post.

As I continued to work on the doll, I realized that her heart was not in the right place. Her front looked like a back and her back looked like a front. I reluctantly came to the conclusion that a heart transplant was needed. So I removed the copper-colored heart from the back/front and placed it on the front/back. You can compare the photos in the previous post. Now I am confident she is anatomically correct.

This is the front:


And this is the back:


Last night there was a minor setback. Her face popped out! This required another trip to surgery for a complete facial reconstruction. Two more rows of 15/0 beads and she is good as new. Well, almost as good as new. She was left with a tiny scar on one eyebrow, but we all feel this gives her character. Now all she needs is a hair-do.

2 comments:

a2susan said...

hi, Marty. Your doll is perfect! I've been catching up on your posts and am glad to see you're up to fun as always. I really like your tablecloth jacket, it's very unique!

Susan Elliott said...

I always love your dolls Marty...As for your Darth Vader shoes...you could always paint them...

I also know that Darth Vader was very powerful and turned to good in the end...so I imagine he'd be a good foot companion...