Saturday, November 14, 2009
What I Have Been Doing When I Have Not Been Blogging
1. We went to Florida to visit my sister. These sandhill cranes wander around her neighborhood.
2. I went trick or treating with my great-nieces. I didn't get any candy.
3. I fed the giraffe at the zoo.
4. I'm trying to learn to juggle. It's going very slowly. The book said I could learn in 10 minutes. Whoa! I must be in some sort of alternate universe where time is measured differently. Ten minutes passed a long, long time ago, and I'm still using only two beanbags. (Note: Do not put sand-filled beanbags deep in your suitcase. The TSA will need to search through your undies to determine what they are.)
5. I'm trying to learn Spanish. I'm using two free computer programs, one through our public library an one through the BBC. I took two years of Spanish in high school, long ago during the previous millennium. I'm surprised at how fast it's coming back after not quite 50 years. I do tend to occasionally revert to French, which I took in both high school and college. We're planning a trip to Spain and Morocco in the spring.
6. I'm working on another beaded doll. This is her front. If you recall, I thought about making my birthstone doll in these colors. I didn't. So here she is. I planned to put a molded paperclay face on her, but the ones I made seem too large. So she is temporarily faceless and nameless, blah, blah, blah...
This is the back.
Notice that in the description of the previous activities, there was no vacuuming. Pero las ventanas están limpias.