Saturday, November 1, 2008

Christmas Tree Decorations

Our sewing guild is decorating a tree for the local Free Health Clinic. We are using, of course, a sewing theme. Everyone is contributing decorations. These are the ones I made yesterday. They are my own design, from an idea that came early not that early one morning as I was trying to decide whether to get up.

As always with crackpot projects, there were a few engineering issues to be dealt with, most prominently how to keep the spools in the assigned places on the ribbons. For future reference, the holes in the spools are larger than you might think. I ended up putting a tiny safety pin through the knot below the yellow spool. I put buttons on the top and bottom of the spool on the left. The spool on the right is held in place by extra beads on the top and the bottom.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Those are so cute love this idea!! Looks very fun to make going to try this Brilliant!
hugs ginger