I finished my November Bead Journal Project page this weekend. It is Blue Abundance. That seemed like a good theme for November. I chose to express abundance by “overbeading”–using more beads than there was room for on the page. Trying to make the work more three-dimensional was a challenge. But that’s a big part of the fun. Because I really love the color blue, I loved making this page.
I used Lacy’s Stiff Stuff as a foundation. I painted it blue with Dye-na-Flow.
The beads are 11/0s, Delicas, 13/0 Charlottes, 15/0s, 6/0s, 8/0s, bugles, cubes, drops, and a few odd shaped beads.
There are several types of fringe, a ruffle, and some volcanoes. (What’s the real name for that stitch?) There are also a couple of stitches that came from a book written in Japanese that my daughter gave me. Neither of us could read the directions, but the diagrams were great!
It is 2.75 inches by 2.75 inches.
I used both Nymo and C-lon thread.
What I Was Thinking:
I am fortunate to have an abundance of wonderful family and friends. My material needs are met. I want to remember at Thanksgiving to be grateful for all I have and to remember to share with those in need.
Issues That Came Up:
- This page showed both the advantages and disadvantages of the small size.
- I had a few other things to do during November so the small size gave me time.
- But I wish I had had more space to include more beads and more stitches.
- I was surprised to see so many dark blue beads on the page when it was finished.
- I still have a rather abundant stash of blue beads, but I have identified a need for more 15/0 medium blue beads.
Now it’s on to Christmas projects!