Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Searching For The Light--December BJP


It's not what I intended to make.  2013 is the fourth year I've used these very dark blue iris beads for my BJP.  I enjoy working with them, and the dark sparkly beads are a celebration of the end of the year.

I started this on December 13.  And then December 14 happened.  As the unbelievable horror became apparent, my page changed.  Like many others during this time, I was searching for the light.

Technical Details:

The foundation is Lacy's Stiff Stuff painted with a mixture of black and azure blue Dye-na-Flow.

This piece contains 15/0s, 11/0s, 8/0s, hexes, triangles, cubes, drop beads, bugles and three Czech flowers.

I used the backstitch and the stop stitch.

The piece is 2.5 inches by 3.25 inches.

I used navy blue Nymo thread.

What I Was Thinking:

I spent a lot of time thinking about the tragic events of December 14.  I spent a lot of time thinking about what we as a society owe our children.  And by the end of the month I was glad to have found my own personal light as our family gathered for Christmas.  I know that others are still searching.

Issues That Came Up:

The issues did not have to do with beading.  This page was truly a journal of two weeks in December.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

HI - I just looked over last years BJP of yours. Gorgeous work. I love your comments, its a true journal.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.